As New Mexico Highlands University celebrates its 117th year, the HU Foundation would like to say thank you to all who have given most generously in the past to support the students, faculty, programs and projects that make our university a strong and vibrant academic community.
Since the 1984 deposit of $36,000 that funded the beginning of the HU Foundation, more than $12 million has been gifted, distributed or placed in endowments for Highlands. Now, with more than $6 million in assets, the HU Foundation continues to award more than $200,000 in scholarships annually and fund special projects and programs of the university.
Your gifts really do make a difference to a new generation of students.
During the past year, New Mexico Highlands University has continued to expand its historic role of academic leadership in New Mexico. Enrollment continues to increase at our site in Raton and has doubled at our School of Social Work in Albuquerque. Our students have continued to add to the academic, cultural, scientific and business fabric of the state through our top-notch programs.
• The School of Education, Highlands’ oldest program, graduated the most educational leadership candidates in New Mexico.
• Students in New Mexico Highlands’ Media Arts program developed an interactive display in conjunction with the Santa Fe Institute. The display was featured at the National Science Foundation’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
• Graduate students from the School of Social Work are working on a pilot project with the Bernalillo County Detention Center to reduce the rate of recidivism among inmates and their families.
• Students in the Department of Chemistry conducted research, along with scientists from Los Alamos National Laboratories, the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology and The Georgia Institute of Technology, using the state’s only single-crystal x-ray diffractometer, housed on New Mexico Highlands’ campus.
• The first students graduated from New Mexico Highlands University’s new Certified Financial Planner Board registered financial planning program in the School of Business. Highlands is the only university in New Mexico that offers a board-registered financial planning program degree.
Our great stories keep growing every day, but success doesn’t just happen. It takes the combined effort of motivated students, dedicated faculty, and the ongoing generosity of our alumni and friends. Your tax-deductible gift is an investment in a most valuable asset: our future.
With warmest regards,
Sharon S. Caballero, Ed. D.
Interim Executive Director, HU Foundation
Donate online to the HU Foundation today!